Thursday, February 5, 2015

FINALLY GOT THE INEVITABLE QUESTION

Well, it was bound to happen! - 
It usually happens in South Carolina or Georgia, but this trip we got all the way to Florida first!   I met a very nice woman from Alabama in the marina at Marineland and when I introduced myself,  she looked really puzzled.   Later  we met her husband and he just came right out and said to me   "Well my wife said you  were from Nova Scotia, and your name was Dixie - and she thought you had a Canadian accent.   And,  I can see you do -  So  what are you doing with a name like Dixie?  Now he said it a friendly but puzzled way - so I answered  in my best "southern" voice -my name is actually Dixie Dee,  and my momma  just loves the south, and I'm just so happy to be here with ya, all!  

Now I am a proud Canadian, but southerners - well they take there DIXIE really seriously, so I have to be real careful not to offend them.  Some southerners don't shine too well with a Canadian usurping the name Dixie.     It's all about Southern pride!  -  

 










We have travelled through a lot of Dixie -  Dixie HWY runs South down the whole east coast - and there hasn't been a place we have stopped and not seen something with Dixie on it.  




Dixie products, Dixie places, Dixie streets, and just Southern Pride displayed as Dixie 


Ya'All Take a look at some here Southern Pride!   And  other than getting really good at my southern accent -  


 

How would you respond to the DIXIE question?

By the way Mom - I am pretty proud to be Dixie Dee, whatever the reason for the name. 








No comments:

Post a Comment