Sunday, February 8, 2015

SUNSHINE - AT LAST!


February 7, 2015

Well,  what an amazing day!   Our first morning we didn't have to bundle up against the cold and we had sunshine all day!   Here we are sailing by  Daytona Beach -

SOMETIMES,  this is the best way to see a big city!







I had to share this photo, and you would understand totally if you were a cruiser,  but nothing is uglier on the ICW than  underneath the bridges as you go through them.   This bridge is just south of Daytona Beach and  what a wonderful greeting it was indeed to our next anchorage.

We stopped at about 4pm and dropped an anchor at New Smyrna, which we had never heard of.



This was one of those lucky discoveries that only happens once in a while.  One of my new favourite places bookmarked to go back to.    

A beautiful waterfront,  lovely walking trails, and  check out all the fishing!    Schooner and I headed off on our walk, while John and Annie checked out how the fishing was under the bridge.    


    


This shirt is for John,  his Dad, Andy and all the rest of you fishermen out there! 

Lucky for me, after Schooner and I finished our walk, John  had a LONG business call, so I left him with the dogs and went exploring the towns art district.

I found  an artist studio/gallery with over 80 local artisan and crafters displaying and creating things.      
I met 2 artists on vacation from Quebec and  PEI, and they pointed me to an amazing woman from Venezuela who makes the coolest shoes and boots ever!                                                                                                                              
These shoes had my name on them, but alas they were not my size.  The Beatle boots however, were my size - but of course the one of a kind boots were the highest price item she made $200.00.
Arent they the coolest things ever?
  

  







No comments:

Post a Comment